As I live my life led by the Holy Spirit, He is touching people wherever I go. He is reaching people outside of the church’s walls because He is in me (and in all of His children). If Jesus said that we can do greater things than He did because He is going to be with the Father (John 14:12-14) I have to believe this and expect signs and wonders to happen (Mark 16:17-18). God said that He will pour out His Spirit in the last days and this is exactly what He does in Surrey, England.
All He requires from me and from all of His children is to be obedient and do what he tells us to do. I’m not saying that it’s easy. You have to surrender to God and be willing to put yourself down. It’s no longer about me, but about the great love He has for people.
What does it mean to be led by the Holy Spirit?
It means to do what God tells you to do. Most of the times I pass by people and the Holy Spirit is either dropping words in my mind or I sense something. I’m praying for more and learning how to be more receptive to His promptings. I’m sure the Holy Spirit does this with many other Christians but many don’t acknowledge or recognise His voice.
The gifts are awesome but the Giver, Jesus, has them all. He can work with anyone who is willing to do His Will.
If Jesus and the first apostles were led by the Holy Spirit and God wanted to give me His Spirit then there is no other way to live my life then being led by the One who knows everything.
- For all the born-again Christians: “For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God” – Romans 8:14. “But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law” – Galatians 5:18
- Jesus was led by the Spirit and did only what His Father did
- The first disciples were lead by the Spirit – “So, being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went down to Seleucia and from there they sailed to Cyprus” – Acts 13:4 / “Then the Spirit said to Philip, “Go up and join this chariot.” Acts 8:29
Healing, Words of Knowledge and Prophetic Testimonies
Here are some of the things the Holy Spirit did recently:
- On our way to the Vue cinema in Staines, my daughter saw an old lady in a shop mobility scooter waiting to cross the road next to us. She felt the prompting of the Holy Spirit and she asked me if we can pray for her. After we crossed the street we went to talk to her and she accepted to receive prayer. She had severe pain in her lower back. I prayed for her for three times in total and the pain went down until eventually disappeared completely. I told her that Jesus is her healer, He was the One who took her back pain away because He loves her. On this occasion, the Holy Spirit showed my daughter the person He wants us to pray for and He healed her as I’ve prayed and layd hands on her.
- I was looking for some craft accessories one day in Poundland when I felt led by the Holy Spirit to pray for a lady who was using crutches to help her walk. I went to talk to her and after the initial rejection then she let me pray for her. She told me that the doctors found a spine nerve-damaged and there was nothing they could do because the surgery would have a high risk to put her in a wheelchair for life. I prayed for her and even though the pain level was the same she felt the presence of the Holy Spirit, being overwhelmed by His love. She got tears in her eyes and I left her with hope. I told her that God loves her and I believe He can do a miracle in her life. This gave her hope to believe that what the doctors can’t do, God can.
- Another time I took my daughter to McDonald’s and while we were there I was looking at a lady who was cleaning the tables but as I looked at her I saw her with different eyes. I saw that she has a good heart and the word ‘boy” came into my mind. I went to talk to her and told her that she has a good heart. I’ve made her smile and she felt blessed. Then I’ve asked her if she has any children (in my mind I thought God wants me to pray for her boy). She said she doesn’t have any children but after the initial negative thought that I’ve got it wrong, I sensed that she actually wants a child. I found out that she is married and they want to have a baby. I’ve prayed for her and I believe God will bless her with a baby boy. All I did here was loving her and being lead by the Holy Spirit to talk to her and pray accordingly. When I thought I was wrong I wasn’t, I didn’t understand what God was telling me but the more time I spent with her the better I understood what God wanted to do.
- One day at work I saw someone having a panic attack. She was fainting but before calling any ambulance I’ve prayed for her. All the symptoms went away one after another and 5 minutes later she was back on her feet. Before I prayed for her, her vision got blurry, her ears blocked and her hands were freezing cold. I remember she told me that when she heard me praying in the name of Jesus she expected that she will be fine. Jesus is alive and He continues healing the sick through His followers.
- A couple of times the Holy Spirit gave me the name of the person I sat next to on the bench. One time I spoke with an atheist and the Holy Spirit told me his name and the pain he had. I like asking God for words of knowledge and I do this to help me open the conversation about Jesus and tell people how much God loves and cares for them. In His mercy, God is giving me words of knowledge because He wants to reveal Himself as a Father who loves us and knows us by name.
- I remember one time I was passing by the Staines bus station and I heard the words ‘back pain’. The thought just came into my mind and now I knew what it meant. I went to speak to the lady I passed by and not only that I prayed for her back, but also for other things too. God healed her shoulders and I prayed for her to be filled with the Holy Spirit – she already believed in Jesus but she didn’t think she received the Holy Spirit. She felt peace and this is what she said ‘I feel like heaviness have been lifted over my shoulders’.
- One time I felt led to pray for a lady in Elmsleigh shopping centre – I thought she needs to be prayed for her legs because she was using a walking stick but it turned up that she was worried about her seeing. I’ve prayed for her eyes and she saw better. I continued listening and talking to her and she felt she is not worthy to ask God for anything. Then I told her about Jesus and she believed. When I prayed for her to be filled with the Holy Spirit tears rolled on her cheeks.
- In my daughter’s school, I’ve prayed for a few different people on various occasions – for healing, peace and provisions. One lady was healed of migraines, one of knee pain and someone else of hearing problems.
“‘In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy. I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke. “
I believe Christ in me heals the sick and is prophesying to people through the power of the Holy Spirit. The heart of the Father is revealed through all the things that He does.
All I do is carrying His presence wherever I go because He is in me and I in Him and being a witness to what He does. Many times I’m in awe to the amazing things He is doing.
I believe that “The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favour and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn” – Isaiah 61:1-2.
I do what Jesus said in Matthew 10:8 and Matthew 28:16–20 – to preach the gospel, heal the sick, and cast out demons. I also believe raising the dead is possible because Jesus and the first apostles did it.
What hinders the flow of the Holy Spirit?
I know God wants to reveal mysteries to all of His children and use them to heal the sick and prophesy, but I spoke to many Christians and, unfortunately, the fear of rejection and unbelief are holding them back from praying for others. ‘What if they are aren’t getting healed?’ and ‘What would this person think about me?’.
The revelation I had after I’ve attended the ‘Power and Love’ conference in Lond was that someone’s life can be changed if I pray for her. The fear of rejection should fade when you know that you can help someone get his life back on track if you are obedient to do what the Holy Spirit leads you.
Do you believe Jesus is the son of God and that He died for the forgiveness of your sins? Check-out this page.
Do you believe in Jesus but you haven’t received the baptism of the Holy Spirit? Check-out this page.