First of all, I want you to understand that God wants you well. This is His Will and it has been revealed in the Bible.
He also said that you, if you believe in Jesus Christ, can do what Jesus did and even more. “Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father” – John 14:12.
People don’t have to ask Jesus to save them; they just need to believe that their sins are already forgiven and receive their salvation (Acts 16:31). Apply the same faith for healing – God has already healed everyone just as He has already paid for the forgiveness of everyone’s sins. As far as I am aware, healing is an accomplished work, I see it part of the atonement. First Peter 2:24 says “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”
If Jesus died for our sins and he took those stripes on His back so I can be healed, all we have to do is to come in agreement with the Word of God an believe that this is true.
Because it has already been provided, I believe that healing can only be received (if you need for yourself) or released (when you pray for someone else).
How to heal the sick
Jesus didn’t say ask God to take the pain away but he asked us, his followers and disciples, to heal the sick, this is what he commanded us to do.
There are different types of prayers but if you study the way Jesus healed the sick it will make sense what I say below.
While communicating with the person in front of you, be open to what the Holy Spirit has to say.
I’ll keep it simple, so I suggest the prayer model used at Riverside Vineyard:
- ASK – that person what do they want Jesus to do & ask the Holy Spirit what;’s the cause of that condition
- PRAY – invite the Holy Spirit, comand the pain to Go (speak to the condition), release healing, bless Jesus what he does
- ASK – check how that person feels and score the pain (10 being painful and 0 no pain)
PRAY more as needed until the pain leaves the body or as directed by the Holy Spirit.
How to receive healing for yourself
I am not saying that this is ‘the way’ but I share from the revelations I had and how I received healing many times.
- Base your faith on what the Bible says that by Jesus’ stripes you were healed. If you’ve already been healed than accept that you should no longer have the pain or medical condition you have. A medical diagnostic is a fact, the truth is that you are healed.
- Comand the pain and to any symptoms to go away in the name of Jesus.
- Release healing. After you commanded to the pain to go, tell you body part that has been affected to be healed in the name of Jesus.
- After you’ve prayed believe that you’ve already received the healing. Look what Jesus told to the woman with the issue of blood who believed she will get healed if she touches his cloak – “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.” – Mark 5:34
“Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. “Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. – Mark 11:22-24
You do the believing and God does the healing because the healing had already been provided.