Who Are You in Christ?08/11/2019
Start by looking once again at the feature photo of this blog post. Who are you? The blue mask is closer to who you really are. You are not who you think you are but you are who God says you are. And God says that you are loved and you are worthy, your value was determined by the price paid for you.
When you believed in Jesus, opened your heart to Him and entered into a relationship with the Living God, you became a new creation. You got born again of the Spirit of God. Your spirit was renewed. It’s no longer the olf you who lives, but the Spirit of Jesus Christ came to live inside of you. This is the mystery revealed, this is why Jesus had to die and rise again so that we can receive Jesus into our hearts and be filled with the Holy Spirit. Jesus said that is better for us that He goes so that the Advocate, the Helper, the Comforter, who is the Holy Spirit, can come. This is what Jesus said and it was recorded in John 16:7.
You are loved, forgiven, redeemed, you are a son or a daughter of God, a prince or a princess in the kingdom of God, an ambassador for Christ and a citizen of heaven. Now that you are a new creation, you need to have the revelation of your identity in Christ and become who God says you are. The Bible says we are supposed to be like Jesus, showing the fruit of the Spirit in our lives, but you can only become like Him if you surrender to Jesus and allow Him to change you through the power of the Holy Spirit. Go through the transformation process and you will see a great change in you.
- Find out who God says you are. Do a bible study on this – start with the below scripture.
- Pray – ask the Holy Spirit to give you the revelation of who you are in Christ. Read Ephesians 1 where Paul talks about the great love God has for us and why Jesus had to die.
- Act – now that you know who you are in Christ, live your life accordingly, from the kingdom perspective.
Before you find out who God says you are, let’s pray. There are different ways to pray, but I believe there is deeper power when we pray prayers from the Word of God, which is our sword as it says in Ephesians 6.
“17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. 18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, 19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength 20 he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21 far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come” – Ephesians 1:17-21
Who God says you are
This list reveals the truth about who God created you to be and how He wants you to live! Read them and make them personal. If you believe in Jesus Christ and call yourself a Christian, then these belong to you. You are in Christ and He is in you. This is who God says you are:
- I am complete in Him Who is the head over all rule and authority – of every angelic and earthly power (Colossians 2:10).
- I am alive with Christ (Ephesians 2:5).
- I am free from the law of sin and death (Romans 8:2).
- I am far from oppression, and will not live in fear (Isaiah 54:14).
- I am born of God, and the evil one does not touch me (1 John 5:18).
- I am holy and without blame before Him in love (Ephesians 1:4; 1 Peter 1:16).
- I have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16; Philippians 2:5).
- I have the peace of God that surpasses all understanding (Philippians 4:7).
- The Spirit of God, who is greater than the enemy in the world, lives in me (1 John 4:4).
- I have received abundant grace and the gift of righteousness and reign in life through Jesus Christ (Romans 5:17).
- I have received the Spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Jesus, the eyes of my heart enlightened, so that I know the hope of having life in Christ (Ephesians 1:17-18).
- I have received the power of the Holy Spirit and He can do miraculous things through me.I have authority and power over the enemy in this world (Mark 16:17-18; Luke 10:17-19).
- I am renewed in the knowledge of God and no longer want to live in my old ways or nature before I accepted Christ (Colossians 3:9-10).
- I am merciful, I do not judge others, and I forgive quickly. As I do this by God’s grace, He blesses my life (Luke 6:36-38).
- God supplies all of my needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19).
- In all circumstances I live by faith in God and extinguish all the flaming darts (attacks) of the enemy (Ephesians 6:16).
- I can do whatever I need to do in life through Christ Jesus who gives me strength (Philippians 4:13).
- I am chosen by God who called me out of the darkness of sin and into the light and life of Christ so I can proclaim the excellence and greatness of who He is (1 Peter 2:9).
- I am born again – spiritually transformed, renewed and set apart for God’s purpose—through the living and everlasting word of God (1 Peter 1:23).
- I am God’s workmanship, created in Christ to do good works that He has prepared for me to do (Ephesians 2:10).
- I am a new creation in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17).
- In Christ, I am dead to sin—my relationship to it is broken—and alive to God—living in unbroken fellowship with Him (Romans 6:11).
- The light of God’s truth has shone in my heart and given me knowledge of salvation through Christ (2 Corinthians 4:6).
- As I hear God’s Word, I do what it says and I am blessed in my actions (James 1:22, 25).
- I am a joint-heir with Christ (Romans 8:17). I am more than a conqueror through Him who loves me (Romans 8:37).
- I overcome the enemy of my soul by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony (Revelation 12:11).
- I have everything I need to live a godly life and am equipped to live in His divine nature (2 Peter 1:3-4).
- I am an ambassador for Christ (2 Corinthians 5:20). I am part of a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a purchased people (1 Peter 2:9).
- I am the righteousness of God—I have right standing with Him—in Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21).
- My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit; I belong to Him (1 Corinthians 6:19).
- I am the head and not the tail, and I only go up and not down in life as I trust and obey God (Deuteronomy 28:13).
- I am the light of the world (Matthew 5:14).
- I am chosen by God, forgiven and justified through Christ. I have a compassionate heart, kindness, humility, meekness and patience (Romans 8:33; Colossians 3:12).
- I am redeemed—forgiven of all my sins and made clean—through the blood of Christ (Ephesians 1:7).
- I have been rescued from the domain and the power of darkness and brought into God’s kingdom (Colossians 1:13).
- I am redeemed from the curse of sin, sickness, and poverty (Deuteronomy 28:15-68; Galatians 3:13).
- My life is rooted in my faith in Christ and I overflow with thanksgiving for all He has done for me (Colossians 2:7).
- I am called to live a holy life by the grace of God and to declare His praise in the world (Psalm 66:8; 2 Timothy 1:9).
- I am healed and whole in Jesus (Isaiah 53:5; 1 Peter 2:24).
- I am saved by God’s grace, raised up with Christ and seated with Him in heavenly places (Ephesians 2:5-6; Colossians 2:12).
- I am greatly loved by God (John 3:16; Ephesians 2:4; Colossians 3:12; 1 Thessalonians 1:4).
- I am strengthened with all power according to His glorious might (Colossians 1:11).
- I humbly submit myself to God, and the devil flees from me because I resist him in the Name of Jesus (James 4:7).
- I press on each day to fulfill God’s plan for my life because I live to please Him (Philippians 3:14).
- I am not ruled by fear because the Holy Spirit lives in me and gives me His power, love and self-control (2 Timothy 1:7).
- Christ lives in me, and I live by faith in Him and His love for me (Galatians 2:20).