God Wants You To Be Happy!13/06/2017
“Love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control” is what God wants to give you. These are the fruits of the Holy Spirit as the Bible mentions in Galatians 5:22-23. For me, personally, this means happiness.
Happiness Means ‘Good Spirit’
If you are not yet a Christian or don’t believe in the Holy Spirit, let’s have a look at the meaning of the word ‘happiness’. If you look at what HAPPINESS means you will see that there are many similarities between the meaning of this word and the fruit of the Holy Spirit. The word ‘happiness’ comes from the Greek word ‘Eudaimonia‘ commonly translated as happiness or welfare; however, “human flourishing” has been proposed as a more accurate translation. Looking at the etymology of the word ‘Eudaimonia’ it looks like it means ‘Good Spirit’ – “eu” (“good”) and “daimōn” (“spirit”). According to the Oxford Dictionary, the synonyms to happiness are satisfaction, pride, contentment and fulfilment.
Looking at my own feelings after I accepted Jesus as my Saviour, I received the Holy Spirit and I surrendered my life to Him, and also at what the word happiness means, I believe that God wants us to be happy and this happiness comes with the Holy Spirit.
- Who is sending us the Holy Spirit?
- How can you receive the Holy Spirit?
Jesus Christ is the answer to both questions. He is sending the Holy Spirit to those who believe in Him.
Change Your Heart & Renew Your Mind
Trust God, He is faithful. Since He promised you to be happy, you will be happy if you make Lord Jesus your Saviour and He will send you the Holy Spirit who brings love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control in your life.
- Do you want to feel love, joy, peace, tolerance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control?
- Do you want to live in peace and keep your mind, heart and body healthy, without worrying about your needs because there is someone who cares and provides for you?
If you answered YES to any of the questions above, I honestly believe that you need Jesus in your life and the power of the Holy Spirit. After I accepted that Jesus died for the forgiveness of my sins, I welcomed Him into my heart, and I asked for His Will to be done in my life instead of my will, my life changed completely. God did what He said He will do in Ezekiel 36:26 “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh”.
From that moment onwards I started to study the Bible, read Christian books, listen to teachings on YouTube, worship and pray every single day. My main focus is to keep my eyes on God’s promises, be grateful for how good God is and to eliminate any negative thoughts and circumstances that come from the external world which I know they don’t please God. I follow my heart and my heart knows what is good for me or not.
“Do not conform to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is — his good, pleasing and perfect will” (Romans 12:2).
As I started to feel peace, joy and love for other people, I stopped worrying. In the Gospel of Mathew Chapter 6, Jesus told His disciples not to worry about what they are going to eat, drink or get dressed with. “Your heavenly Father knows that you need them. Seek first His Kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well” (6:32-33). When I go through a difficult time I remind myself that Jesus is the good Shepherd and that He loves me and He cares for my needs. God is always keeping His promises.
How to Receive Jesus as Your Saviour
Here is what the Bible says about how you accept Jesus as your Lord, your Saviour, and receive Salvation (your sins be forgiven and receive eternal life).
God promises Salvation – “For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16)
For me, Salvation doesn’t only mean to receive eternal life and be with God forever. It also means to be close to the Heavenly Father here on Earth since my sins have been forgiven. Jesus made a way for us to communicate with God like Adam and Eve did before they have sinned, disobeying God.
The Bible says we receive Salvation by faith in Jesus Christ and since the Bible is the Word of God I believe this is true. “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God” (Ephesians 2:8)
- First, you must hear and believe the gospel, the good news of Jesus’ death and resurrection (Ephesians 1:13-14) – You also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession — to the praise of his glory”.
- After you believed, fully trust the Lord Jesus (Romans 1:16 – the gospel is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes) and repent for your sins as Acts 3:19 says – “Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord”.
- Confess, as it is mentioned in Romans 10:9-13 – “If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”