The Bible is fascinating. There are so many good things to learn and apply in all the aspects of our lives – health, finances, marriage, parenting, relationship with God and with other people and much more. The Bible is about what Jesus had done for you, God’s promises and His Kingdom and what to do in your daily life to live in harmony and please God. I also believe the Bible is a way of God communicating with us.
The Word of God
The Bible is the authoritative Word of God, written by people but inspired by the Holy Spirit. According to The International Bible Society, the Bible is a diverse collection of writings from about 40 main contributors—30 in the Old Testament and 10 in the New Testament.
“The word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart” (Hebrews 4:12).
The Holy Spirit revealed to me that The Bible is the Will of God. This means if you ask for something that is in the Bible, God is answering. He said it, so be it. Since Salvation, Health, Hope, Peace, are some of God’s promises (there are more), I believe God wants me to have them and He wants you to have them too if you pray in faith in the name of Jesus. “I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son” (John 14:13) I believe God’s Word reveal God’s Will for us.
When you use the Scripture in prayer, your faith grows helping you believing you received what you can’t see. “Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours” (Mark 11:24-25). Since God made many promises in the Bible, I believe they are true and I claim what He promised to give me.
If you are like me studying the Bible on various subjects, you may find useful “The Book of Bible Promises” with Bible verses selected by Christ Bible Church.
Another revelation I received from the Holy Spirit is that the Bible is a prophetic book which includes many scientific discoveries that had been discovered and that there are more that are yet to be discovered.
After this idea came into my mind, I started to look on the internet to see what I can find on this subject. Did you know that Tesla’s idea of alternating current comes from the book of Matthew and that the invention of the microwave has its roots in the fourth chapter of Revelations? It’s hard to see what Tesla and other inventors had seen but I believe God spoke to them through the Bible.
I believe there are many yet unfulfilled prophecies to come that are mentioned in the Bible.
A Life Guide
The International Bible Society came up with a very practical way of seeing the Bible as a life guide (see below).
The Bible is:
- A guide for living life to the full. It gives us a roadmap for the perilous journey of life. Or to put it another way, on our voyage through life’s ocean, the Bible is an anchor.
- A storehouse of wonderful stories for children and grownups. Remember Noah and the ark? Joseph’s coat of many colours? Daniel in the lion’s den? Jonah and the fish? The parables of Jesus? These stories emphasise the triumphs and failures of ordinary people.
- A refuge in trouble. People in pain, in suffering, in prison, and in mourning tell how turning to the Bible brought strength in their desperate hour.
- A treasury of insight as to who we are. We are not meaningless robots, but we are magnificent creatures of a God who loves us and gives us a purpose and a destiny.
- A sourcebook for everyday living. We find standards for our conduct, guidelines for knowing right from wrong, and principles to help us in a confused society where so often “anything goes.”
— Carmen Lascu (@CarmenLascu) May 18, 2017